Individual CUNY campuses provide specific guidance to their faculty; please find the list of campus sites on the Instructional Continuity Site maintained by the CUNY Graduate Center.
CUNY CIS also provides:
- an FAQ for faculty and staff on how to access CUNY technology for remote teaching and work,
- Blackboard information and resources, in particular a Faculty Guide that answers many basic Blackboard questions.
CUNY faculty are also invited to a series of webinars on Effective Online Instruction from ACUE (Association of College and University Educators).
SPS Blackboard Basics Self-paced Workshop
Open to all CUNY faculty and staff.
Blackboard Basics is a self-paced online course introducing CUNY instructors to the various features and tools of the Blackboard platform for their teaching. The course includes the following topics: Getting Oriented, Creating Course Content, Communication & Interaction, Assessment, and Collaboration. Aside from how-to instructions and tutorials, the course includes prompts for instructors to practice their new skills, and optional quizzes to receive a certificate of completion. Blackboard Basics for CUNY faculty can be found in the Technology Training tab in Blackboard.
For SPS Faculty
- Zoom Safety Settings Checklist, as well as Tips to Deter Zoom-bombers.
- Recommendations for SPS faculty transitioning in-person classes to online.
- 8 tips for the transition to distance learning by SPS’s Richard Schumaker
- The Online Learning Consortium’s continuity resources
- Review a recording of our Blackboard Collaborate training session (synchronous meeting tool integrated into Blackboard)
- WebEx is an alternative tool for live meetings, and CUNY has a 90-day license for the application. Review how to use WebEx both within and outside of Blackboard.
See the Coronavirus Update site for more information for CUNY SPS faculty, students, and staff.